The Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies has custody of a wide variety of primary resources for Icelandic culture:
• Medieval and post-medieval saga manuscripts
• Historical records and documents
•Sources for place-name and languages studies
• Place-name and lexicographical correspondence and catalogues
• Digitalised lexicographical databases
• Recordings of folklore material
Manuscript Exhibition: many of the most important manuscripts in the care of the Árni Magnússon Institute are on display in the Culture House on Hverfisgata 15, 101 Reykjavik. Open daily from 11:00 – 17:00.