Photos of the year
The annual exhibition of The Icelandic Press Photography Association
is now in the Reykjavík Museum of Photography, and the exhibition will run until May. The exhibition shows more than one hundred pictures of almost 800 submitted photos. There are 7 categories, in addition to the picture of the year, which was taken by Vísir’s photographer, Vilhelm Gunnarsson, during the eruption in Geldingardalur.
These photographers were awarded:
- Vilhelm Gunnarsson for the photo of the year and the news photo of the year.
- Kristinn Magnússon, Morgunblaðið for the sports photo of the year.
- Páll Stefánsson, Icelandic Times for portrait photo of the year
- Sigtryggur Ari Jóhannsson, Fréttablaðið for the environment photo of the year.
- Hörður Sveinsson for the magazine photo of the year
- Heiða Helgadóttir, Stundin for the photo series of the year.
So now all you have to do is visit the Reykjavík Museum of Photography in Grófarhúsið and see the best photographs of Iceland in 2021.
Reykjavík 03/04/2022 : 14:04 – 14:43 : A7C : FE 1.8/20mm G
Photos and Text: Páll Stefánsson