The museum mostly exhibits objects and utensils relating to fishing and seafaring in general. It also displays various reminders of local trade, industry and medicine from times past. The collection is in a commercial building, “Gamla búð”, built in 1816.
Hours of Operation:
June, July and August: 13:00 – 17:00 daily
or by arrangement with manager, tel. 470 9063
Strandgata 39b 735 Eskifjörður
476-1605 , 470-9063
Open from 01/06/2010 to 31/08/2010